Thursday, October 24, 2013

Great Black and White Photographers Part 3

What caught my eyes on the pictures of this artists was that they mostly took place in the streets. Like the pictures below they both took place in a sidewalk. What made me choose this artist and the pictures was the kids since they looked happy !


I see these young kids grouped together sitting down drawing with chalk in the sidewalk . I see the little girl with a mad face expression like if she didn't want the boy next to her to draw on the side walk with her. The boy next to her looks entertained drawing whatever he's drawing. As you can see it seems like the little girl drew a little girl  with short hair , little arms and a funny shaped nose . I smell the air thats running its indescribable , its the scent of cars that pass by smelling kind of oil-lish. Smelling the smoke old cars give out it uncomfortable but the kids seem like they don't mind about it . I hear the people passing by talking about what the kids are drawing . People compliment there drawings , that they are very creative . I also hear the cars passing by slowing down to see the kids and their drawings . I taste the particles in the air , specially looking at the kids drawing and suddenly a fast car passes by and blows dirt . But the taste i have with these kids drawing in the sidewalk is joyful . I ask the kids if i can draw with them and they hand me the chalk . I feel the softness and hardness of the chalk . I can feel the little powder from the chalk that gets on my fingers and lay my radon the sidewalk and feel the roughness while drawing on it .


I see 8 little kids in the side of a sidewalk . One is almost sitting down, another one is bending down , one is in a bicycle and the other 5 are just standing up looking at what the others are doing . I also see this very interesting thing , it looks like if the kid in the bicycle is reflecting himself from the mirror . But as you see , the kids are picking up broken pieces of something . I smell that one scent of fresh clothes from a laundry . Also the scent of food , fresh hot bread and coffee . I hear the sound of glass being scrapped against the rough sidewalk and getting picked up by the kids . Its a sensitive sound that hurts my ears. People around are walking and talking going to the laundry or the shoe store . The taste being here is indescribable . Im not sure on how this an be explained . I feel the feeling when people are just staring at you & i feel the glass from the mirror as i help the kids pick up the pieces that fell towards me .

No comments:

Post a Comment